New India Health Insurance
The New India Assurance Mediclaim policy specially covers the hospitalization expenses. Mediclaim policy can be categorized as - Individual Mediclaim policy and Floater Mediclaim policy. Individual Mediclaim policy covers each individual with separate sum insured and in floater policy whole family gets covered under one mediclaim policy with one sum insured. Health Insurance is the one year contract with the insurance company, so the policyholder needs to renew policy every year. Health portability is possible in this policy. New India Assurance has Mediclaim policy for individual, Family floater, Senior citizen and group Mediclaim policy.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Plans
- Mediclaim policy: New India Assurance Mediclaim policy generally covers the hospitalization expenses and the policy is available from the age 18 years to 60 years and thereafter it can be renewed provided that the policy is renewed without any break. Some of the key features of the policy are pre-hospitalization cover for 30 days and post-hospitalization cover for 60 days, pre-existing disease get covered after 4 continuous claim-free years, Discount in premium for family cover, Cumulative Bonus and sum insured available from Rs. 1 Lac to 5 Lacs.
- Family Floater Mediclaim Policy: This policy is available for family members where all the family members get covered under one policy and with one sum insured. Family floater policy members include self, spouse and dependent children (Maximum Two). All other things remain the same in this policy. Some of the key features of this policy are: Entry age is 18 years to 60 years, sum insured option from Rs. 2 Lacs to 5 Lacs, Pre-hospitalization cover up to 30 days and post-hospitalization cover up to 60 days, pre-existing disease get covered after 4 continuous claim free years. Premium of this policy depends on proposer's age and geographical area.
- Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy: Senior Citizen Mediclaim policy is normal Mediclaim policy which covers the hospitalization expenses and is specially designed for the senior citizens. The entry age for this policy is 60 years to 80 years and it can be renewed up to the age of 90 years. While buying new policy health check up is compulsory for this policy. Some of the key features of this policy are pre-hospitalization cover up to 30 days and post hospitalization cover up to 60 days, pre-existing disease get covered after 18 months of continuous insurance and sum insured option available from 1 Lac to 1.5 Lacs.
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy: Whenever a person is traveling abroad for specific time duration then overseas Mediclaim policy is useful. This policy is to be taken prior to departure from India. Person eligible for this policy should be the range of 6 years to 70 years. But for frequent travelers this policy is quite good. Some of the key features of this policy are premium payable in rupees and claim settlements in foreign currency and pre-existing disease is not covered under this policy.
- Plan A:- This includes travel to countries excluding USA & Canada and sum insured limited to USD 50,000.
- Plan B:- This includes travel worldwide including USA & Canada and sum insured limited to USD 1,00,000.
- Plan C:- This includes travel to countries excluding USA & Canada for employment and studies. Sum insured limited to USD 1,50,000.
- Plan D:- This includes travel worldwide including USA & Canada for employment and studies. Sum insured limited to USD 1,50,000.
- Plan E:- This include travel worldwide including USA & Canada for frequent travelers and sum insured limited to 1,00,000.
General Exclusions: Dental treatment except arising out of accident. Debility and General Run Down Conditions. Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV (AIDS) Circumcision, Cosmetic surgery, Plastic surgery unless required to treat injury or illness Vaccination and Inoculation Pregnancy and child birth War, Act of foreign enemy, ionising radiation and nuclear weapon. Treatment outside India Naturopathy Domiciliary Treatment Experimental or unproven treatment
PreExisting Coverage: After 4 claim free years. Hypertension and diabetes covered on payment of extra premium.
Co-Pay: 'Not Applicable';
Coverage (Features): 1. Room Rent 2. Medical and O.T Charges 3. Surgeon/ Doctor Fees 4. Pre and Post Hospitalisation Expenses 5. Cashless Facility
Minimum entry age (Yrs): 26
Maximum entry age (Yrs): 30
Doctor fee limit: 25 of SI
Room rent limit General (Min): No Limit
Room rent limit General (Max): 1% of SI per day
Room rent limit ICU (Min): No Limit
Room rent limit ICU (Max): 2% of SI per day
Medical OT charges (Max limit per illness): No Limit
|Plan||Doctor's Fee?||Room rentals?||OT and Medical?||Cash Allowance?|