Got a health insurance query?Antony Jacob, CEO, Apollo Munich replies Health Insurance queries of Apnapaisa readers.
14 Oct 2010
1. Can you guide me on the your two new products Optima Cash & Maxima Health , I already has mediclaim policy from other insurance company. Will it make sense for me to go for this plan. My age id 30 years, and healthy.
As a constant effort to innovate new products, Apollo Munich has launched Optima Cash and Maxima in the recent past.
Optima Cash is a lump-sum benefit health plan that provides daily cash benefit in event of hospitalisation. It pays a lump-sum amount which can be utilized towards hospitalization expenses or additional expenses such as attendant's food, travel and accommodation which are normally not covered under other hospitalization insurance plans. Optima Cash is an easy to choose and easy to use health insurance policy which involves less paper work, no submission of medical bills and no pre-policy check up.
Maxima Health, a plan that cares for the big illnesses and the little illnesses too. A unique health plan that not only works when you are hospitalized but takes care of your everyday health issues too. A one of its kind plan that covers inpatient treatment, doctor's consultations, pharmacy bills, diagnostic tests, dental treatment, optical services and annual health check up, all on a cashless basis with 100% lifelong renewal and maximum tax savings.
Apollo Munich offers various innovative products catering to diverse health insurance needs. As one unique advantage, we offer portability of benefits, where the accrued/accumulated benefits can be carried forward from your existing plan to your new Apollo Munich Plan such as the Maxima or the Easy Heath Plan. This may enable you to opt an Apollo Munich Policy without loosing much on the accumulated benefits of your existing policy.
However, we advise you to read the benefits and the terms and conditions of the Maxima plan and the Easy Health plan or consult your advisor before choosing one policy over another.
2. Last year when I took mediclaim plan from your company, that time the company was know as Apollo DKV now it at time of renewal of my policy, I was told that company's name has been changed to Apollo Munich. I want to know as a policyholder what impact it will have ?
Our customers do not have to face any shift in process or procedure due to the change in our brand name. Apollo DKV Insurance Co. Ltd. was rechristened Apollo Munich Health Insurance at the end of 2009, when the company embarked on its branding journey. There is no change in partnership but only a name change as Munich Health is the new brand under which Munich Re is now offering its healthcare-sector services to clients and partners throughout the world. Munich Re is thus bringing together under one banner its global insurance and reinsurance know-how in health.
The new name is in line with our brand strategy to communicate the deep-rooted expertise of the company. Apollo is a household name synonymous with the best quality healthcare and our partner company Munich Health is a true pioneer in the field of global health risk management.
3. I am working in state govt organisation and at presently covered with all medical facilities. My name is Basavaraj & present age is 50 years. I am interested in taking medical insurance policy which will cover my medical expense for my family after my retirement. Kindly suggest me suitable plan.
It is always recommended to have your own health insurance cover over and above the one provided by your employer as an individual health insurance policy will remain with you, regardless of your retirement. It is advisable to opt for an adequate health cover well before you reach the age of retirement. With age, the health risk increases and also to be applicable for the pre-existing disease coverage, you would need to spend at least three years of waiting period. An early start to your own health insurance cover would ensure the completion of waiting period by the time you retire, following which you can enjoy full benefits of the health insurance plan and will hedge a larger financial risk for efficient treatment at the best healthcare provider.
You could go in for a family floater which would extend cover for the entire family for the sum insured level at a marginally incremental premium. It enables and facilitates optimal utilization of the insurance policy. You should look into various health plans available on insurance companies websites or speak to your insurance advisor before you decide on which policy suits you better.
4. I am 32 year old working for Construction Company. I have taken medicliam policy for me last year on Oct, 2009. Now I want to know can I add my wife's name in my existing insurance plan at this moment Or I have to take fresh policy on her name?
Various companies follow different guidelines when it comes to the addition of a member in the existing policy.. We advise you to discuss the same with your present insurer as they would be in a better position to guide you. However for Apollo Munich customers, the individual health insurance policy can be altered to a family floater policy, with the inclusion of the spouse's name under the same cover at the time of renewal.
5. I am 40 year old man, 2 years back I was diagnosed TB, with proper medication and change in lifestyle now I am declared fit n fine from doctors. Now I want to for critical ness policy for myself. Which insurance plan I should take?
Various insurance companies offer critical illness as a rider to their health insurance plans. This coverage is offered on payment of additional premium. We would advise you to contact the insurer of your preference and disclose your medical conditions in the proposal form based on which they can offer you suitable critical illness coverage.