Breakdown of Domestic AppliancesProvides cover for damage to domestic appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, air-conditioners that might occur due to accidental electrical or mechanical breakdown.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
07 Jan 2008
Householders' insurance also provides cover for damage to your domestic appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, air-conditioners that might occur due to accidental electrical or mechanical breakdown.
It is important to note that appliances that can be repaired will be settled by paying the repair cost without applying any depreciation.
On the other hand, total loss of the item will see depreciation charged at the rate of 10 per cent per annum up to a maximum of 50 per cent, depending on the age of the item.
- Companies often restrict the cover to exclude items that are more than 7 to 10 years old
- There is no cover for any of the following:
- Willful act or gross negligence on your part for which manufacturer or supplier is held responsible
- Natural wear and tear
- Mobile phones or similar communication devices
- Some companies may levy a deductible i.e. you would be asked to bear a portion of the sum assured for each claim.
Fire and Its Associated Perils
Burglary, Housebreaking & Other Perils
All Risks (Jewelry and Valuables)
Breakdown of Electronic Equipment
Public Liability Risk and Workmen's Compensation Risk
Increased Living Expenses