Breakdown of Electronic EquipmentProvides cover for loss or damage to electronic equipment by accident or misfortune anywhere in the world.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
07 Jan 2008
This householders' insurance provides cover for loss or damage to electronic equipment by accident or misfortune anywhere in the world. Equipment covered include TVs, VCRs, CD and DVD players, portable computers, mobile phones, fax machines, and accessories such as data storage devices.
- Companies often restrict the cover to exclude items that are more than 7 to 10 years old.
- There is no cover for the following:
- Willful act or gross negligence on your part for which manufacturer or supplier is held responsible
- Damage due to wear and tear, gradual deterioration, climatic conditions, rust, corrosion, and insects
- Costs incurred due to functional failures due to your negligence
- Any loss due to terrorist activities
- Pre-existing faults that you have been aware of
Some companies levy a deductible i.e. you will be asked to bear a portion of the claim, for each specific appliance category (for computers and electronic appliances)
See also:Fire and Its Associated Perils
Burglary, Housebreaking & Other Perils
All Risks (Jewelry and Valuables)
Breakdown of Domestic Appliances
Public Liability Risk and Workmen's Compensation Risk
Increased Living Expenses