Documents required to file claimsDid you know you require some documents to file a claim? Here's the list.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
08 Jan 2008
You need to submit a completed and signed claims form along with a letter stating that you are the owner of the items.
You also need to submit some other reports and forms that are considered as evidence of the event happening, the nature of the event and the extent of loss:
- First Information Report (FIR) from the police in case of burglary
- Fire brigade report in case of fire
- Seismological report in case of earthquake
- Meteorological department's report in case of flood
- Estimate of the repairs
- Rent agreement
- Transport details in case of baggage loss
Process of claiming under householders' policy