Fire and Its Associated PerilsThe risk cover for fire and its allied perils provides for damage to your building or loss of objects in the building belonging to you and your family.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
07 Jan 2008
The risk cover for fire and its allied perils provides for damage to your building or loss of objects in the building belonging to you and your family.
It also protects you against fire and its associated perils that might happen due to:
- Natural calamities, such as fire, lightning, earthquake, landslide, rockslide, flood, inundation, storm, tempest, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, or cyclone
- Man-made calamities, such as domestic gas explosions, overflow and bursting of water tank or pipes, damage caused by aircrafts, riots, strikes, malicious or terrorist acts
There are additional risk covers that provide for:
- Terrorism cover
- Debris removal cost
- Costs to comply with building regulations following damage
- Professional fees towards architects, surveyors, etc. for superintending a building during rebuilding
- Cost of moving contents of your home to a temporary residence
- Increase in sum insured throughout the year to guard against inflation
- Automatic increase in sum insured for a period of 15 days before and after wedding of any of your family member
- Loss of rent for landlord
- Additional rent expenses for tenant
insurance companies are selective about the risk covers they offer - for example, some may charge an additional price for cover against terrorist activities. Or, they could have deductibles in the householders' insurance plan that expects the client to pay a portion of the claim amount for damage or loss due to natural calamities.
Burglary, Housebreaking & Other Perils
All Risks (Jewelry and Valuables)
Breakdown of Domestic Appliances
Breakdown of Electronic Equipment
Public Liability Risk and Workmen's Compensation Risk
Increased Living Expenses