If the insured person commits suicide, whether sane or insane, within one year from the date of commencement of a term policy, the cover will become void, i.e. the nominee cannot claim the sum assured. Only the premiums paid up to the date of death will be refunded; after deducting the expenses incurred by the insurer for issuing the cover.
Term Insurance Exclusions: Basics
- What does my family receive when I die within the term of my life insurance policy?
- Insurance is null and void if suicide is committed within a year
- Term Life Insurance Plan
- Do I need life insurance?
Term Insurance Exclusions: Opinion
- Return of Premium - Is it really attractive?
- Women's Life Insurance Policies
- Life Insurance for Young Working Professionals
- Returns on Children's Endowment Policy vs. Inflation Calculator
Do the returns on my children's endowment policy beat inflation?
- Insurance Planner
Use this calculator to find out how much life insurance you need.
- Calculator: Should I Continue My Endowment Policy?
Use this calculator to find out if you should continue your endowment policy or invest the premium amount saved in other avenues.
- Calculator: Should I Continue My Children's Endowment Policy?
Use this calculator to find out if you should continue your children's endowment policy or invest the premium amount saved in other avenues.