Procedure to claim if passport is lostDid you know you could claim insurance if you lose your passport? Here's how.
Apnainsurance Research Bureau
14 Jan 2008
To claim insurance if your passport is lost,
- You must lodge a complaint with the local police.
- You then contact the Indian Embassy to get a new passport made.
- Next, file a claim within 30 days of return to India or travel insurance policy expiry (whichever is earlier), along with the following documents:
- A covering letter with details of loss and efforts made to obtain a provisional passport
- Copy of new passport, return tickets, previous passport (If available. Remember, this is the previous passport, not the current one that was lost)
- Original bills/receipts/invoices related to expenses incurred for obtaining a new passport
- Copy of FIR/Police Report obtained within 24 hrs
See also:Procedure to claim in case of Baggage Delay/Loss/Flight Delay/Cancellation or Missed Flight/Hijack Distress
Procedure to claim assistance in financial emergency
Procedure to claim in case of personal liability
Procedure to claim in case of burglary
Types of claim settlements
Procedure to claim medical expenses in travel insurance