Procedure to claim medical expenses in travel insuranceWant to know how to claim medical expenses in travel insurance. Here's the process of claim.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
11 Jan 2008
- You must first intimate or register the case with the travel insurance company or Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- You then submit the claim form along with the following documents to the insurer or the TPA:
- Doctor's medical report
- Original admission/discharge card
- Original bills/receipts/prescriptions
- Original X-ray/pathological/investigative reports
- Copy of passport/visa with entry & exit stamp
- Post mortem report (if applicable, by the next of kin
- On submission, the TPA, on behalf of the insurer, validates and authenticates the claim form.
- In case of cashless insurance claim settlement, the TPA settles the bills directly with the hospital(s). In case of reimbursement, the TPA validates the bills and then reimburses you.
See also:Procedure to claim in case of Baggage Delay/Loss/Flight Delay/Cancellation or Missed Flight/Hijack Distress
Procedure to claim if passport is lost
Procedure to claim assistance in financial emergency
Procedure to claim in case of personal liability
Procedure to claim in case of burglary
Types of claim settlements