Tips to buy travel insuranceLooking for tips to buy travel insurance. Here are some.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
11 Jan 2008
- Purchase a travel insurance policy, not for just the duration of your trip, but for a few days longer. In case of an emergency nearing the end of your trip, you then have time to extend your policy. travel insurance is usually charged on a slab basis although a few insurance companies do offer you the pay-per-day facility.
- Do not simply compare the prices of travel insurance products; compare the benefits, exclusions and other product features. When purchasing the policy, remember to take the list of region-specific toll-free contact numbers.
- While buying a travel policy, look beyond premiums. Give importance to the claims procedure and the cashless hospital network available. Get a list of the network hospitals before deciding on your policy.
- Also check out for other covers (terrorism cover, hijack distress allowance, etc.) available apart from the covers for loss or damage of baggage, passport, personal liability cover, medical, and personal accident cover.
- Always read the policy wordings carefully. Be clear on what you are covered for and what you aren't. Clarify your queries and doubts before buying your policy.
See also:What is travel insurance?
Do I need overseas travel insurance?
Different overseas travel insurance covers
Travel insurance groupings
Travel insurance exclusions