Small Saving Scheme: Overview
Are you looking at some simple tax saving instruments? If so, small saving schemes are an attractive option. Moreover considering the returns it is not a bad investment vehicle either, if you are not too particular about the lack of liquidity of such schemes. These small saving schemes have been time-honored tax saving vehicles, designed to provide safe and attractive investment options to the public, at the same time to mobilize resources for development.
National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Who is eligible for purchase of National Savings Certificates (NSC)?
- What is rate of interest offered on National Saving Certificates (NSCs)?
- How can NSCs be encashed at maturity?
Small Savings Schemes: Instruments
- National Savings Certificate
- Post Office Recurring Deposits
- Post Office Monthly Income Schemes
Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)
- Can Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) be encashed only at the post office of issue?
- Can Kisan Vikas Patra be purchased by non-resident Indians?
- What are the tax implications on investment in Kisan Vikas Patra?