Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP): Overview
Kisan Vikas Patra (scheme discontinued w.e.f. 1st December 2011) is another fixed income scheme that doubles your money in eight years and seven months. But it offers no benefits under the Income Tax Act. In terms of liquidity, the scheme is better than the PPF and NSC. You can exit the scheme any time after two and a half years from the investment date, though you will forfeit the interest earned for the invested time period.
- Can Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) be encashed only at the post office of issue?
- Can Teachers Provident Fund be invested in Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)?
- Can Kisan Vikas Patra be purchased by non-resident Indians?
- Will a duplicate certificate be issued if the original identity slip is lost/misplaced?
- Can co-operative banks/co-operative societies invest in Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)?
- What are the tax implications on investment in Kisan Vikas Patra?