Get Credit Card Offers
A maximum of 5 providers will compete to give you the best rates (Jan 2018)
Avoiding common problems faced by credit card customersDescribes the common problems faced by Credit Customers and steps to avoid them
Apnaloan.com Research Bureau
14 Aug 2007
Here are some common problems faced by credit card customers along with possible solutions.
- No feed back from the bank after submitting all the documents and the application form - You need to take down the details of the name of the sales person who meets you, the Direct Sales Associate (DSA) that employs him/her, his/her mobile number, and the exact date when you handed over the application form. Getting the sales person's visiting card is a good idea but make sure you note these details down on your copy of the credit card application form. In many cases the sales person meeting you may not be carrying visiting cards. There is no point in following up with the sales person for a feedback. You will be better off calling the common call center of the bank and providing them with all these details. In some cases even that may not help in which case you may have to apply again.
- Fees charged despite the promise of a free card - Get all promises in writing (or via email).
- Subscription to insurance services or publications started without your approval - Keep a photocopy of the application form and take acknowledgment with full name and designation and mobile number of the bank representative to prove your case that you had never asked for the service.
- If you still face a problem file an official complaint on the bank's Website.
- If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction within a couple of weeks you can file a complaint with the banking ombudsman. Details of how to file an online complaint with banking ombudsman are available on www.bankingombudsman.rbi.org.in
How to select the right credit card for you
Things to watch out for while using a credit card
Credit Cards: Safety Features