Education Loan Eligibility Criteria
Education Loan: Eligibility Criteria: Overview
Banks have set eligibility criteria for education loans. Some of the important pre-requisites are mentioned in brief. A loan applicant has to be:
- An Indian national
- Aged 16-26 years of age or any other range specified by the bank.
- Have a good academic track record.
- Have parents or guardians with stable source of income.
- Should have applied to a recognized university in India or abroad.
- Should not be a minor.
Education Loan: Eligibility Criteria: Basics
- Before you apply: Are you eligible?
- Before you apply: Does your course qualify for a loan?
- Do I have to provide guarantors or collateral?
Education Loan: Eligibility Criteria: Did you know...?
- Maharashtra cagey about AICTE approval for technical courses; say state-gov recognition will suffice
- IMB students can get loans from several banks
- Limit on education loan without collateral to rise, government
- RBI to reduce risk weightage on education loan
Get Education Loan Offers
A maximum of 5 providers will compete to give you the best rates (Sep 2014)