Process of claiming under householders' policyDo you know the procedure for making a householder's insurance claim work? Here's more about claim.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
08 Jan 2008
The procedure to make a householders' insurance claim works like this:
1. Take necessary steps to minimize the loss/damage.
2. In case of burglary, inform the police immediately along with a list of items stolen and their approximate value.
3. Inform the insurance company by phone, fax, or in writing with details.
4. On informing the insurance company, a surveyor will be sent to your house for an on-site inspection. Extend full co-operation to the surveyor and provide the necessary documents to substantiate your losses.
5. You now need to submit a claim form at the insurance company.
6. The surveyor submits a report to the company, which processes it. On approval, your claims payment is sent to you.
Documents required to file claims