Burglary, Housebreaking & Other PerilsBurglary cover provides for damage due to house burglary. There is also cover against damage caused by falling trees, electric poles or lampposts, and so on.
Apnainsurance.com Research Bureau
07 Jan 2008
Burglary cover provides for damage to your house due to burglary. You can also get cover against damage caused by falling trees, electric poles or lampposts, collapsing aerials or satellite dishes, as well as damage caused by civic authorities while fighting fire.
Additional risk covers provide for:
- Costs to comply with building regulations following damage
- Contents moved to any other place to be used as temporary residence
- An increase in sum insured for a period of 15 days before and after wedding of your family member
At an additional cost, insurance companies provide for:
- Debris removal cost
- Professional fees towards architects, surveyors, etc. for superintending a building during rebuilding
- Increase in sum insured throughout the year to guard against inflation
- Loss of rent for landlord
- Additional rent expenses for tenant
Exclusions in this householders' insurance section include loss of livestock, motor vehicles, pedal cycles, and money stamps, unless specifically declared at the time of purchasing the policy.
See also:Fire and Its Associated Perils
All Risks (Jewelry and Valuables)
Breakdown of Domestic Appliances
Breakdown of Electronic Equipment
Public Liability Risk and Workmen's Compensation Risk
Increased Living Expenses