TATA AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.Domestic Travel Guard
Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd. is a general insurance joint venture between the Tata Group and American International Group, Inc. (AIG). The Tata Group holds 74 per cent stake in the insurance venture with AIG holding the remaining 26 percent.
The company started its operations in India on 22 January 2001, offering general insurance policies for motor, home, accident & health, travel, energy, marine, property and casualty, liability and specialized financial lines.
In January 2008, the company's capital base stood at Rs. 700 crore.