The death of the insured needs to be informed to the insurance company either directly or through the insurance agent who sold the policy to the insured. Contact details are usually given on the insurer's official website. The insurance companies have death claim forms that need to be filled up and submitted to them along with a list of documents.
If the insurer is satisfied with a claim, it pays the settlement; if there is doubt, the insurer may ask the claimant to submit more documents.
Money Back Claims: Basics
How to collect maturity amount from insurer?
The death claim process is simple and the benefit is tax free
Critical illness benefit rider takes care of unforeseen medical expenses
Money Back Claims: Opinion
- Right time to review your life insurance portfolio
- Women's Life Insurance Policies
- Why does it not make sense to mix insurance with investment?
- Term Insurance comparator
- Returns on Money Back Policy vs. Inflation Calculator
- Should I Continue My Children's Money back Policy?
- Endowment vs. Whole Life Comparator