Home   >>    Loan   >>    Home Loan   >>     Overview
Get Home Loan Offers
A maximum of 5 providers will compete to give you the best rates (Dec 2020)
Yes No    

Preferred Banks
  •  Any 5
  •  HDFC
  •  DHFL
  •  HSBC


I authorize the website and its partner providers like HDFC Ltd, ICICI Bank, DHFL and other banks/NBFCs to call or SMS me in connection with my application & agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of use

Mumbai housing societies to get legal status

Societies in Greater Mumbai to get occupancy and completion certificates, property tax, water tax

Apnaloan.com Research Bureau

10 Aug 2007

The Maharastra government provided relief to nearly 1.5 lakh residents of around 2, 100 housing societies in Greater Mumbai by issuing occupancy and completion certificates (OC and CC). All the buildings built before the date of March 21st, 1991 can get their CCs and OCs from any licensed surveyor or licensed plumber, as per the approved temporary amendment to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Act.

The Act was amended on August 8 for the issuance of these certificates to such housing societies.

The decision will reportedly bring down property tax and water usage bills for the residents of this building. In absence of the OC and CC, these societies were being charged almost double the normal property and water usage tax.